World Skin Health Day
REPORT OF WORLD SKIN HEALTH DAY April 6th, 2018
Indian Association of Dermatologists Venereologists & Leprologists(IADVL)
In Association with ILDS and ISD
World skin Health Day was observed all over India by Indian Association of Dermatologists Venereologists & Leprologists (IADVL) the second largest Dermatologists Association in the world after AAD, with more than 11,000 members. All the members, National Executive Committee, State Branches and City Chapters organised various activities all over India as Guided by IADVL National Executive.
The following programs were conducted.
- Press meet, Press release – Total Programs 35 and published in 104 National/Regional/ Local News papers.
The main Content of Press meet included:
- Skin Hygeine(Swatch Twatcha, Swasth Twatcha).
- Avoiding the use of medicinal creams for fairness and preventing steroid abuse (Specially modified Kilgman’s formula).
- Prevention and management of Fungal Infections(Dermatophytoses).
- Early diagnosis of Leprosy.
- Social stigma about Vitiligo.
- Seeking the Insurance assistance for Vitiligo surgeries, Biologics for Psoriasis and Pemphigus.
- Public awareness about quackery in the field of Dermatology.
The National EC consisting of President Dr Ramesh Bhat M, President Elect Dr Narasimha Rao, Past President Dr Yogesh Marfatia, Vice Presidents Dr Mukesh Girdhar & Dr Jagdish Sakhia,Secretary General Dr Umashankar, Treasurer Dr Shashikumar, Joint Secretaries Dr Dinesh Devraj & Dr Prashant Palwade participated actively in the Press meet arranged by IADVL Media Committee in Press Club Of India which was attended by more than 50 Journalists and TV reporters. The meet lasted for nearly 3 hours and there was live streaming in Face book and You tube. The AIIMS Dermatology Head of the Department Prof V K Sharma & UCMS Prof, IADVL Academy Convener Dr Deepika Pandhi also participated in the meet. Media Committee chairman Dr Rohit Batra moderated the program.
- Camps- Free skin Health Camps and Health Education Programs were conducted all over India. A total of 59 Camps were conducted on that day and many camps were conducted in the same week.
- TV Talks- Health Education Debates, Talks and Interviews were conducted about Skin Health. A total of 9 TV shows were conducted in various places including various National Channels.(CNN IBN, Zee Business Etc)
- Radio Talks- A total of 4 Radio Talks/ Live programs on Skin Hygiene and infections.
- Health Education- Health Education Talks and Poster display was conducted in various hospitals, Rural camps and Clinics. A total of 75 Health Education programs were conducted all over India.
- Social Media- The National EC press meet was shown live on Face book. Face book, Twitter, What’s app & You tube were effectively used to disseminate the knowledge about skin diseases, Skin Hygiene , Infections and prevention of Topical steroid abuse.
- SKIN SAFAR Rath- IADVL announced it’s ambitious Community Dermatology Program of disseminating Skin Health Eduaction all over India through a MEDIA Vehicle. This voyage will be for a duration of nearly 2 months and will travel more than 4000 Kilometers from Kashmir (Northern Tip of India) to Kanyakumari (Southern tip of India). There will be posters, Public Information Leaflets, Movies, Health Talks, Camps during this program.
- IADVL also announced arranging 100 Rural Skin Health Camps all over India this year. IADVL members will offer free consultaion, Medicines and Follow up for all the patients participating in these camps.
- Rallies were also conducted in a few places. A total of 5 Rallies were conducted in Various palces.
Total Programs conducted
Press meet- 35 Published/ transmitted in 104 Papers/ Channels
Camps- 59 (approximately 24,000 Patients were benefited)
IADVL National Camps to be conducted this year- 100
TV Talks- 9
Radio talks- 4
Health Eduaction Programs- 75
Social Media programs- 15
Total programs conducted on April 6th on World Skin Health Day- 201 (Two Hunderd and One) and Proposed camps- 100
The National EC sincerely thank all the IADVL Members , State Presidents, Secretaries for the active participation on World Skin Health Day.
We also thank ILDS and ISD for conceptualising this unique program. We also thank Prof Hemangi Jerajani, Regional Director ILDS for guiding IADVL.
Dr Ramesh Bhat M
President IADVL 2018