IADVL Postgraduate Thesis Topic Bank proposed by SIGs (IADVL Academy)
Dec 02 2020
1. Histological evaluation of Nail disorders.
2. A study of clinico-pathological correlation of Hansen’s disease.
3. Clinico-pathological correlation in pediatric dermatoses.
4. Comparative study of immunohistochemistry and direct immunofluorescence in pemphigus and pemphigoid.
5. Correlation of disease activity and histopathological features in lichen planus pigmentosus.
6. Clinicopathological correlation of genodermatoses.
7. Clinico-dermoscopic-pathological correlation of alopecias
8. Clinico-dermoscopic-pathological correlation of adnexal tumours of skin
9. Clinico-dermoscopic-pathological correlation of melanocytic lesions
10. Clinico-dermoscopic-pathological correlation of anogenital lesions
11. Clinico-dermoscopic-pathological correlation of viral infections of skin
12. Clinico-dermoscopic-pathological correlation of deep fungal infections of skin
13. Clinico-dermoscopic-pathological correlation of squamous cell carcinoma
14. Clinico-dermoscopic-pathological correlation of basal cell carcinoma, with development of dermoscopic clues for variants of basal cell carcinoma
1. Surgical intervention in keloids and relapse rates
2. Dermaroller vs Fractional CO2 laser with/without PRP in acne scars (split face study)
3. Nail biopsy success rate in diagnosis
4. Radiofrequency subcision vs subcision in acne scars
5. Platelet rich fibrin efficacy in periorbital wrinkles
6. Intralesional triamcinolone with or without dermaroller in alopecia areata
7. Dermaroller with or without PRP in split scalp trials for AGA
8. Comparative study of different vitiligo surgeries on bilateral lesions
9. Comparison of PRP preparation with different techniques to assess platelet counts
10. Potential scarification of scalp with multiple PRP sessions and its effect on results of hair transplant
1. Nail fold capillaroscopy in collagen vascular disease and it’s correlation with severity of disease.
2. Dermoscopy in facial dermatoses.
3. Trichoscopy of normal scalp in skin of color.
4. Dermoscopic study of granulomatous disorders.
5. Dermoscopy of benign tumours of the skin.
6. Dermoscopic study of normal skin of different sites in different age groups in both the genders.
7. Dermatoscopy in superficial dermatophytosis - resistant and recurrent.
8. Dermoscopy of various lesions on lips with histopathological correlation.
9. Prognostic value of trichoscopy in alopecia areata, post hair transplant, post PRP or other therapy in androgenetic alopecia.
10. Dermoscopic categorization of alopecia areata, trichotillomania and alopecia areata-trichotillomania overlap.
11. Dermoscopic description of non-venereal genital dermatoses.
12. Clinico-dermoscopic-histopathological correlation of facial hypermelanosis.
13. Dermoscopy of vitiligo with reference to activity and stability.
14. Onychoscopy in psoriasis for assessment of nail psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
15. Study of dermoscopic findings of different spectra of Hansen's disease.
16. Clinico-histopathological and dermoscopic correlation of papulosquamous disorders.
17. Onychoscopy for gauging the severity of psoriasis.
18. Dermoscopic findings of Lichen planus pigmentosus v/s erythema dyschromicum perstans
19. Dermoscopic analysis of palmoplantar psoriasis, plamoplantar eczema and tinea manuum with their histopathological correlation.
20. Trichoscopic features in alopecia areata in patients with good and poor treatment outcomes: A pre and post treatment analysis.
21. Nail fold capillaroscopy in patients with psoriais and comparison with psoriatic arthritis.
22. Dermoscopy-histopathology correlation in patients with Hansen disease.
23. Clinical, dermatoscopic and histopathological correlation of scarring alopecia in skin of colour.
24. Dermoscopy and histopathological correlation in deep mycosis.
25. Dermoscopic analysis of treatment response in psoriatic lesions treated with methotrexate.
26. Evaluation of trichoscopic trichogram.
27. Dermoscopy of viral infections with cutaneous manifestations.
28. Dermoscopic study to differentiate drug rash and viral rash.
SIG Female Genital Dermatoses
1. Study on Psychological morbidity in vulvar pruritus
2. Study of sexual dysfunction in cases of painful genital conditions
3. Pediatric vulvar dermatoses- etiopathogenic and clinical study
4. Cliical and etiological study of vulvovaginal itching
5. Clinical and etiological study of inflammatory vulvar dermatoses
6. Assessment of female sexual dysfunction and quality of life in females with chronic vulvar dermatoses
7. Clinical and etiopathogenic study of vulvovaginal discharge
8. Questionnaire based study on genital hygiene practices in women with and without chronic vulvar dermatoses
SIG Recalcitrant Dermatophytoses
1. Correlation of MIC levels, mutations with clinical response to Antifungals
2. Role of immunity in extensive, atypical and aggressive Dermatophytosis
3. Intra familial cases
4. Clinico-mycological study of the association of onychomycosis with chronic dermatophytosis versus naive cases of dermatophytosis
5. Clinical, dermoscopic and mycological study of tinea pseudo imbricata
6. Clinical epidemiological and mycological study of dermatophytosis in children
7. Clinical epidemiological and mycological study of dermatophytosis in pregnancy
8. Adverse drug reactions to oral antifungal drugs
9. Prevalence of atopy in chronic dermatophytosis
10. The sensitivity of oral antifungals in immunocompetent versus immunosuppressed individuals.
11. Treatment response when oral terbinafine is combined with topical terbinafine versus oral terbinafine with azole topical
12. Resistance studies vis a vis species of dermatophyte
1. Assessing effectiveness of alternative drug regimes in Leprosy
2. High frequency ultrasound to study the changes in nerve pre and post treatment.
3. Comparative histopathology of skin and nerve in leprosy patients.
4. Study of oxidative stress in lepra reaction
5. Observational study on ocular changes in leprosy in the post elimination era.
6. Assessing effectiveness of prophylactic prednisolone vs therapeutic prednisolone for leprosy neuropathy.
7. Use of Immunofluorescence microscopy (Rhodamine-O) staining Vs Slit skin smear for Acid fast bacilli.
8. Efficacy of alternative antimicrobials in the treatment of leprosy.
9. Assessing efficacy of chemoprophylaxis/immunoprophylaxis in leprosy
10. Psychosocial burden in leprosy
11. Social stigma and leprosy
12. Dermatoscopic evaluation of cutaneous lesions of leprosy.
13. Nutritional assessment of patients with leprosy
14. Clinical and histopathological evaluation of safety, efficacy, tolerability of current three drug MDT PB regimen vs the two-drug regime in paucibacillary Hansen's disease.
15. Plantar arch assessment in patients with plantar hypoesthesia and trophic ulcers in Leprosy
16. An exploratory study of Microbiomes in plantar ulcers
17. Study of Grade 2 disabilities in new leprosy patients.
18. Study of grade 2 disabilities in childhood leprosy.
19. Study of childhood leprosy in a Dermatology OPD over 1 year period.
20. Study of leprosy in elderly leprosy patients > 60 years of age
21. Study of residual deformities and disabilities in Released From Treatment (RFT) patients.
22. A study of benefits of use of EMLA cream before performing slit skin smears in suspected leprosy patients.
23. Clinical and histological study of BB leprosy and its annular / ring shaped lesions
24. Use of different regimens/ schedules of prednisolone in type 1 reactions in leprosy patients
25. Study of use of thalidomide in type 2 reactions, its dosage, tolerability and adverse effects.
26. Slit skin smear examination in MB leprosy: inter-site variations.
27. Use of MiP vaccine as adjuvant in MB leprosy- clinico-histologial study.
28. Dermatoscopic study of clofazimine induced pigmentation.
29. Study of facial lesions in leprosy patients.
30. Study of use of SW filaments in sensory assessment in young v/s older leprosy patients.
31. Use of cosmetic camouflage in facial leprosy patches for improving Life quality index.