IADVL: New Logo Design
Jun 30 2018
Dear IADVL Member,
With great pleasure and excitement, we would like to take you through the events that led to the redesigning of IADVL Logo:
- A proposal was put in opening General Body meeting held on 20th January 2018 at Kochi to point out the fallacies in the existing IADVL logo.
- During the discussion, it was suggested that it is better if we redesign the whole logo especially with respect to the cupid’s bow also.
- General Body passed the decision unanimously to change the old logo and come up with the new one. It was decided to start the process of designing new logo with in three months time.
Subsequently, an email was circulated from secretariat office inviting all the members of IADVL across the country for redesigning our logo.
Criteria that were considered:
- Indian Association of Dermatologist, Venereologist and Leprologists (full association name )
- Abbreviation of IADVL
- 1973 (Year of its inception)
- Single winding snake around staff (This is optional)
- Logo should be simple and easy to interpret
- Preference will be given to logo with minimal colors.
We are happy to inform you that there was an an overwhelming response from our members and as a result we received 36 Logo designs out of which our EC has short-listed 2 Logos.
We are also thankful to all IADVL members who actively participated by sending the IADVL logos.
Kindly check the enclosed attachments for the two logo designs that are being short-listed and please send your valuable feedback/comments on this as a reply email. Your participation in confirming the final Logo design will be considered as a great input and we look forward to it.
Dr Ramesh Bhat Dr Umashankar Nagaraju
President, IADVL Honorary Secretary General,IADVL
Logo Design 1
Logo Design 2