On behalf of the IADVL EC 2016, it is my pleasure to invite applications from IADVL members (PLMs and LMs) for the following scholarships for the 2017 AAD Annual Meeting to be held in March 3-7 in Orlando, Florida:
A. Registration Reciprocal Scholarships (Two)
Scholarship recipients are nominated by their national dermatologic society and receive a stipend, complimentary registration for the AAD meeting, one ticketed session, and an invitation to a dinner with AAD leadership.
B. Strauss and Katz World Congress Fund Scholarship (Two)
The scholarship, formerly known as the Poster Exhibit Scholarship, includes a stipend, complimentary registration for the meeting, admission to one post-graduate ticketed session, and an invitation to attend the International Scholarship Recipient Reception and Dinner.
Please read below criteria common to both scholarships:
- You have to be a bonafide member (PLM/LM) of IADVL and need to quote that.
- You should either be a PG trainee or must have completed your PG training within last 3 years.
- You need to state clearly whether you have received AAD or any other scholarship ENDORSED by IADVL before. If you have, IADVL would not endorse for a second time. Information should be clear.
- If you are presently a PG trainee, you should submit a letter from the Head of the Department that you are currently doing PG in his/her department.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have never attended AAD meetings.
The AAD deadline to apply and nominate applicants towards both the above scholarships for the 2017 AAD Annual Meeting was September 5, 2016 but has been extended, at our request, by two weeks till 19 September, 2016.
Applicants need to apply by e-mail to email@example.com on or before 11 September, 2016. Application should be titled – Application for 2017 AAD Registration Reciprocal Scholarship or Strauss and Katz World Congress Fund Scholarship 2017 (whichever is applicable): Your name – and include the following as attachments:
- Short CV of a single page, preferably with a publication list
- Your abstract for poster (for the Strauss and Katz World Congress Fund Scholarship) or oral (for 2017 AAD Registration Reciprocal Scholarship) presentation.
- Results will be out by evening of 18th September
- For Registration Reciprocal Scholarships, a signed and official letter of recommendation will be provided to each nominee to attach to their online application. Further, a nomination form for each nominee will be filled up online by yours truly.
- For Strauss and Katz World Congress Fund Scholarships, signed letters of endorsement will be provided to the two best poster abstracts. The awardees have to upload the abstracts themselves with the letter of endorsement from IADVL.
Dr. Shyamanta Barua
Honorary Secretary General (2016-17)
Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists & Leprologists (IADVL)