Applications are invited for membership of the IADVL Academy for 2017-18 from IADVL Life Members (those who have been members earlier are not eligible).
While this is a prestigious assignment, reflecting seniority, experience, expertise and most importantly, commitment to the IADVL, it is also a responsibility, for the planning and execution of the association’s academic endeavors.
In addition to collective duties (e.g. evaluation of orations, and Observership centres and candidates, etc., mentioned in the annexure), members will be in charge of various administrative activities, such as the following (under the supervision of the Academy Chairperson and Convener and IADVL EC):
- SIGs (with the designation of 'IADVL SIG Coordinator', who would liaise with SIGs to ensure their optimal functioning)
- Grants (with the designation of 'IADVL SIG Research Grants Coordinator', who would coordinate the process of application, disbursement and monitoring of all IADVL Research Grants)
- Patient information pamphlets, Academy/SIG bulletins and books (with the designation of 'IADVL Academy Publications Coordinator', who would oversee the publications of the IADVL Academy & SIGs)
- Observerships and Scholarships (with the designation of 'IADVL Observerships Coordinator', who would coordinate the Observership Centre applications, Observership applications and their monitoring, disbursement and issuance of certificates; and Scholarship applications)
- IADVL Online Lecture series (with the designation of 'IADVL Online Lecture Series Coordinator', who would be responsible for coordinating the selection of faculty and webcasting of IADVL Online Lecture Series)
Those interested are requested to fill the attached application form and mail it with a brief CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 25th December, 2016.
Dr. Shyamanta Barua
Honorary Secretary General (2016-17)
Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists & Leprologists (IADVL)
Annexure: Duties of IADVL Academy members (as per the IADVL Constitution):
1. DERMACON/MIDDERMACON scientific responsibilities: All applications for orations are to be screened by members as per criteria.
2. IADVL Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
a. Liaison with SIGs for organizing symposia, seminars, workshops and DERMACON/MIDDERMACON sessions; promotion of research; and publication of pamphlets and booklets: For all SIG related activities each member may be asked to coordinate with a specific SIG (as per his expertise) in all its activities- preparation of SIG agenda, implementation of program and assessment of performance of
b. Evaluation of SIGs: Members may need to evaluate SIGs periodically and recommend action to the IADVL based on the evaluation.
3. IADVL Training Fellowships
a. Applications: Screening, evaluation, monitoring and feedback
b. Fellowship Centers: Selection and scrutiny
4. ACADEMY and SIG websites: Maintaining the website and moderating the e-groups
5. SIG Research Grants: inviting, awarding monitoring, reporting
a. Patient information leaflets: Preparing patient information leaflets for all major dermatoses relevant to India
b. Therapeutic Guidelines: All members will assist in the review of therapeutic guidelines prepared by the Therapeutic Guidelines Committee in consultation with the concerned SIG.
c. MCI Issues: The Academy members may be deputed to assist the IADVL National Executive in interactions with the Medical Council of India (MCI)
d. Research Bank: Members may be asked to prepare a bank of research and thesis topics for each subspecialty in consultation with concerned SIG
e. Any other activity: The members of the Academy shall carry out any other academic duty assigned t the Academy by the IADVL President from time to time. Being responsible for the overall planning and organising of the academic activities of the IADVL, they are free to submit any ideas on any academic matter for discussion and approval.