IADVL Life Members from all states of India are invited to submit research proposals for the IADVL L’Oreal Indian Hair & Skin Research Grant 2018 in the following fields of clinical research and basic research of skin & hair and on physiology of Indian normal skin and hair:
- Skin immunology
- Skin photobiology, Skin and pollution, Skin and environment
- Wound healing
- Skin colour, skin pigmentation
- Skin barrier function, Stratum corneum
- Skin neurophysiology/itch sensitive skin/heat sensation
- Skin aging
- Skin tissue engineering
- Sebaceous physiology and oily skin epidemiology
- Biology of hair growth
- Hair pigmentation
- Hair loss
- Hair characterization
- Quality of life and well being
- Epidemiology of skin and hair physiologic symptoms
These projects may be based on laboratory studies, clinical research, epidemiology research or quality of life studies. Kindly note the following:
- The total amount of the Grant is Rs. 24 lakhs.
- The projects will have to be completed within one year.
- The grant cannot be used for thesis topics, to buy instruments or equipment, for projects longer than a year or funded by another grant
- Investigators or co-investigators with two or more uncompleted IADVL funded research projects (as on 30th October 2017) or those who have not submitted a report or article for publication within a year of the completion of their project will not be eligible.
- For a multicentric project, the Principal Investigator will be responsible for its satisfactory completion. While co-investigators can be of an allied specialty, a declaration or no objection letter from the head of their department should be submitted
- Blinded applications will be evaluated by a jury consisting of IADVL and L’Oréal scientists and the grants will be announced at DERMACON 2018.
- The selected applicants will have to submit proof of Ethics Committee approval and registration with the Clinical Trials Registry (for drug trials and interventional studies) within 6 months.
- Disbursal of the grant will be in parts, as decided by the jury. Projects will have to be submitted for presentation in DERMACON and for publication within a year of completion.
The IJDVL carries a guest editorial (http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?issn=037 6323;year=2015;volume=81;issue=2;spage=115;epage=123;aulast=Panda) on the subject of preparing a research proposal that may be consulted when preparing the proposal.
While the application form is attached only for information, applications will only be accepted online at http://iadvlresearchgrant.healthconnectdigital.com from 7th August to 31st August, 2017.
Any queries can be directed to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr Resham Vasani / Dr Yasmeen J Bhat
IADVL Research Coordinators
Dr. Ameet Valia
Dr. K. A. Seetharam
Dr. Deepika Pandhi
Convener Designate IADVL Academy & Chairperson Designate
Dr. Yogesh Marfatia
Dr. Shyamanta Barua
Hon. Secretary General IADVL