Kindly note, the link for submission of applications to the IADVL-L'Oreal Grant 2018 as mentioned below is active
IADVL – L’OREAL INDIAN HAIR & SKIN RESEARCH GRANT 2018
IADVL Life Members from all states of India are invited to submit research proposals for the IADVL L’Oreal Indian Hair & Skin Research Grant 2018 in the following fields of clinical research and basic research of skin & hair and on physiology of Indian normal skin and hair:
- Skin immunology
- Skin photobiology, Skin and pollution, Skin and environment
- Wound healing
- Skin colour, skin pigmentation
- Skin barrier function, Stratum corneum
- Skin neurophysiology/itch sensitive skin/heat sensation
- Skin aging
- Skin tissue engineering
- Sebaceous physiology and oily skin epidemiology
- Biology of hair growth
- Hair pigmentation
- Hair loss
- Hair characterization
- Quality of life and well being
- Epidemiology of skin and hair physiologic symptoms
These projects may be based on laboratory studies, clinical research, epidemiology research or quality of life studies.
Kindly note the following:
- The total amount of the Grant is Rs. 24 lakhs
- The projects will have to be completed within one year
- The grant cannot be used for thesis topics, to buy instruments or equipment, for projects longer than a year or funded by another grant
- Investigators or co-investigators with two or more uncompleted IADVL funded research projects (as on 30th October 2017) or those who have not submitted a report or article for publication within a year of the completion of their project will not be eligible.
- For a multicentric project, the Principal Investigator will be responsible for its satisfactory completion. While co-investigators can be of an allied specialty, a declaration or no objection letter from the head of their department should be submitted
- Blinded applications will be evaluated by a jury consisting of IADVL and L’Oréal scientists and the grants will be announced at DERMACON-2018. The selected applicants will have to submit proof of Ethics Committee approval and registration with the Clinical Trials Registry (for drug trials and interventional studies) within 6 months
- Disbursal of the grant will be in parts, as decided by the jury. Projects will have to be submitted for presentation in DERMACON and for publication within a year of completion.
The IJDVL carries a guest editorial (http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?issn=037 6323;year=2015;volume=81;issue=2;spage=115;epage=123;aulast=Panda) on the subject of preparing a research proposal that may be consulted when preparing the protocol.
Any queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com.
Dr Resham Vasani / Dr Yasmeen J Bhat
IADVL Research Coordinators
Dr. Ameet Valia - Chairperson, IADVL Academy
Dr. K. A. Seetharam - Convener & Chairperson Designate, IADVL Academy
Dr. Deepika Pandhi - Convener Designate, IADVL Academy
Dr. Yogesh Marfatia - President, IADVL
Dr. Shyamanta Barua - Hon. Secretary General, IADVL