IADVL Observerships - 2017
23 November 2016
Applications are invited for IADVL Observerships in the following subjects and centres (please see the attached file for the facilities offered):
- Aesthetic dermatology (Dr Jagjeet Sethi, HOPE Clinic, Shillong)
- Lasers & Aesthetic Dermatology (Dr Gurvinder Banga, ARV Aesthetics Skin & Laser Clinic, Gurgaon)
- Lasers & Aesthetic Dermatology (Dr Geraldine Jain, Punarnawah Medical & Research Centre, Jaipur)
- Lasers & Aesthetic Dermatology (Dr Suruchi Gupta, Aura Skin Institute, Chandigarh)
- Lasers & Aesthetic Dermatology (Dr Suresh Talwar, Talwar Skin, Laser and Cosmetology Centre, Lucknow)
- Dermatopathology (Dr Renu George, Dept of Dermatology, Venereology, Leprosy and Pediatric Dermatology, Christian Medical College, Vellore)
- Dermatopathology (Dr Uday Khopkar, Dept of Dermatology, KEM Hospital & Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai)
- Dermatosurgery (Dr Subrata Malakar, Rita Skin Foundation, Kolkata)
- Dermatosurgery & Lasers (Dr Sumit Gupta, Dr Gupta's Skin & Hair Hospital, Lucknow)
- Hair transplantation (Dr Pradeep Sethi, Eugenix Skin and Hair Sciences, New Delhi)
- HIV Medicine (Dr D G Saple, Dept of Dermatology, Venereology and ART, Human Health Care and Research Foundation, Mumbai)
- HIV Medicine (Dr Vinay Kulkarni, Prayas, Pune)
- Immunofluorescence (Dr Raghavendra Rao, Dept of Dermatology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal)
- Pediatric Dermatology (Dr Renu George, Dept of Dermatology, Venereology, Leprosy and Pediatric Dermatology, Christian Medical College, Vellore)
- Photodermatology (Dr Satish B Pai, Dept of Dermatology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal)
- Trichology (Dr Rachita Dhurat, Dept of Dermatology, LTM Medical College, Mumbai)
- Urticaria (Dr Kiran Godse, Dept of Dermatology, DY Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai)
The number of Observerships available at each centre is:
- Four, for a duration of 4 weeks (and a stipend of Rs 10,000), for IADVL LMs or PLMs aged less than 35 years (at the time of application
of the observership).
- One, for a duration of 2 weeks (and without a stipend), for IADVL LMs aged 35 years or above (at the time of commencement of
Applicants should have obtained their degree or diploma in dermatology (and not still pursuing their studies).
They should not be working in the same institution. They must not have availed Observerships or Training Fellowships
in the past and will have to undertake to complete the Observership within the stipulated time, failing which they
may not be considered for future Observerships or Scholarships through or from the IADVL.
Applications should be sent in the attached format, specifying not more than two choices of centres,
with their biodata, to firstname.lastname@example.org and
email@example.com by 15th December, 2016.
The list of successful candidates, selected by the IADVL Academy on the basis of merit and the possible
utility of the training in the discharge of their duties (provided the host institution is ready to accept them),
will be announced by the forthcoming DERMACON.
Any stipend will be disbursed only after successful completion of the Observership (based on production of a
letter or certificate to that effect from the program director), and on receipt of the feedback form from both
the Program Director and Observer, as well as a brief report of his or her experience of the same.
Please send in application form and Your CV in the WORD FORMAT only. Other formats will not be accepted.
Dr Bikash Ranjan Kar / Dr Manas Ranjan Puhan
IADVL Observership Co-ordinators (IADVL Academy)
Dr Ameet Valia,
Chairperson, IADVL Academy
Dr K A Seetharam
Convener, IADVL Academy
Download - Application Form
Download - Evaluation Criteria
Download - Center Details
Dr Devesh Mishra
Dr Yogesh Marfatia
President Elect, IADVL
Dr Shyamanta Barua,
Hon Secretary General, IADVL