Invitation for Applications for IADVL-L'Oreal Research Grant 2018
17 July 2017
IADVL Life Members from all states of India are invited to submit research proposals for the IADVL
L’Oreal Indian Hair & Skin Research Grant 2018 in the following fields of clinical research and basic
research of skin & hair and on physiology of Indian normal skin and hair:
- Skin immunology
- Skin photobiology, Skin and pollution, Skin and environment
- Wound healing
- Skin colour, skin pigmentation
- Skin barrier function, Stratum corneum
- Skin neurophysiology/itch sensitive skin/heat sensation
- Skin aging
- Skin tissue engineering
- Sebaceous physiology and oily skin epidemiology
- Biology of hair growth
- Hair pigmentation
- Hair loss
- Hair characterization
- Quality of life and well being
- Epidemiology of skin and hair physiologic symptoms
These projects may be based on laboratory studies, clinical research, epidemiology research or quality of
life studies. Kindly note the following:
- The total amount of the Grant is Rs. 24 lakhs.
- The projects will have to be completed within one year.
- The grant cannot be used for thesis topics, to buy instruments or equipment, for projects longer
than a year or funded by another grant
- Investigators or co-investigators with two or more uncompleted IADVL funded research projects
(as on 30th October 2017) or those who have not submitted a report or article for publication
within a year of the completion of their project will not be eligible.
- For a multicentric project, the Principal Investigator will be responsible for its satisfactory
completion. While co-investigators can be of an allied specialty, a declaration or no objection
letter from the head of their department should be submitted
- Blinded applications will be evaluated by a jury consisting of IADVL and L’Oréal scientists and the
grants will be announced at DERMACON 2018.
- The selected applicants will have to submit proof of Ethics Committee approval and registration
with the Clinical Trials Registry (for drug trials and interventional studies) within 6 months.
- Disbursal of the grant will be in parts, as decided by the jury. Projects will have to be submitted
for presentation in DERMACON and for publication within a year of completion.
The IJDVL carries a guest editorial (http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?issn=037
6323;year=2015;volume=81;issue=2;spage=115;epage=123;aulast=Panda) on the subject of preparing
a research proposal that may be consulted when preparing the proposal.
While the application form is attached only for information, applications will only be accepted online at
from 7th August to 31st August, 2017.
Any queries can be directed to email@example.com
with a copy to
Dr Resham Vasani / Dr Yasmeen J Bhat
IADVL Research Coordinators
Dr. Ameet Valia
Dr. K. A. Seetharam
Dr. Deepika Pandhi
Convener Designate IADVL Academy & Chairperson Designate
Download - Application Form
Dr. Yogesh Marfatia
Dr. Shyamanta Barua
Hon. Secretary General IADVL